Video Network Devices (VND 9) is a 5-day bootcamp covering the basic video network concepts from VIVND1 and VIVND2, with updated software in the course manual and labs. VND 9 is an updated product course that still provides a path for those pursuing Cisco Video Network Specialist and CCNA Video certifications while also providing updated product information needed to do your job today.
Video Network Devices (VND 9) covers the characteristics of video and unified collaboration solutions. It teaches students to assess the requirements for a successful implementation of a video solution using the full line of announced Cisco products loaded with current software releases. This course describes the characteristics of integrating a video solution into a unified (voice & video) environment and enables students to evaluate the general requirements for video deployments such as coding options, media formats, protocols, network impact, high-level architectural components and their interactions, and requisites to the environment.
Video Network Devices (VND 9) is a 5-day instructor-led (ILT) class that offers students the necessary knowledge and skills to implement various Cisco Video endpoints in converged Cisco video infrastructures, including Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) and Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server (VCS). Cisco business video solutions has 4 major Cisco Medianet application components that are discussed in this course:
- Unified Communication and Collaboration
- Digital Media Suite (DMS)
- Video Surveillance
Video Network Devices (VND 9) describes Cisco business video solutions and enables students to implement and troubleshoot Cisco Unified Communication and Collaboration and TelePresence in different Cisco business video solution architectures.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Describe the characteristics of a video solution Evaluate the general requirements for video deployments including coding options, media formats, protocols, network impact, high-level architectural components.
- Evaluate environmental requirements.
- Describe the components and architectures of Cisco business video solutions.
- Implement Cisco Unified Communications and Cisco Collaboration video endpoints.
- Implement Cisco TelePresence video endpoints. Implement multipoint conferencing on Cisco video endpoints.
- ICND1 – 5 Day Course
- ICND2 – 5 Day Course
- TOUCH – Online
- REMOTE – Online
- NET101 – Online
Who Should Attend
- Field Engineers
- Help Desks
- Sales Engineers
- Systems Engineers
- System Administrators Channel Partners / Resellers
- Introduction to Video and Video Applications
- Video Technology Basics
- Video Protocols and Media
- Functional Components of Video Infrastructures
- Network Requirements of Video Solutions
- Cisco Video Solution Architecture Overview
- Environmental Requirements for Video Installations
- Installing Cisco TelePresence Endpoints and Profile Systems
- Cisco Business Video Solutions
- Cisco Unified Communications and Collaboration Video Endpoints
- Cisco TelePresence Endpoints
- Multipoint Conferencing